For those that love brunch but want to lightened it up a bit without sacrificing flavor, I developed the perfect vegan or plant based option that everyone is likely to enjoy. Combine this with pancakes and smoothie and you will be in heaven!
Note: Nutritional information above has been estimated. Results may vary. Information is provided for convenience and does not constitute professional nutritional advice.
- 5 oz of coconut oil
- 8 oz vegetable stock
- 5 oz of crumbled extra firm organic tofu
- 1 oz diced red bell pepper
- 1 oz diced orange bell pepper
- 0.5 oz diced scallions
- 2 oz of shredded frozen hash brown potatoes
- 8 oz of nutritional yeast
- 1 oz ground turmeric
- 0.5 oz sea salt
- 0.25 oz butcher ground black pepper
- In a large bowl mix combine your 4 oz of your coconut oil with your vegetable stock, nutritional yeast, turmeric, sea salt and black pepper until it congeals into a paste with seasonings thoroughly mixed through.
- Wrap your tofu in a thick paper towel to suck all of the moisture out of it. Crumble the tofu to the consistency of feta cheese. Then massage seasoning mixture into the aforementioned crumble so that it really soaks into the tofu.
- Pour the remaining 1 oz of coconut oil in your large skillet and sautée: red/orange peppers, diced scallions and potatoes until brown.
- Add tofu mixture to the pan and slightly brown until the everything starts to firm up and most of the oil has been cooked off without burning it.
- Garnish with some cilantro and enjoy!