Note: Nutritional information above has been estimated. Results may vary. Information is provided for convenience and does not constitute professional nutritional advice.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 whole Large Onion, Diced
- ½ pound of white button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 whole Yellow Bell Pepper, Seeded And Diced
- 1 whole Green Bell Pepper, Seeded And Diced
- 2 whole Carrots, Peeled And Diced
- 2 stalks Celery, Diced
- 1 whole Jalapeno, Seeded And Finely Diced
- 3 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 can (12 To 14 Ounces) Plain Tomato Sauce
- 1 can diced tomato (10 Ounce)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt, More To Taste
- 1 teaspoon Ground Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 can (14 Ounces) Kidney Beans, Drained And Rinsed
- 1 can (14-ounce) Pinto Beans, Drained And Rinsed
- 1 can Garbanzo Beans, Drained And Rinsed
- 1 can Black Beans, Drained And Rinsed
- 1/4 cup Cornmeal
- 1/2 cup Warm Water
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, onion, bell peppers, carrots, celery, and jalapeno, then cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Add the oregano, cumin, chili powder, and salt. Stir and cook for a few more minutes.
- Pour in the broth, tomato sauce, and diced tomato. Stir, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the beans and mushroom, stir, then cover and simmer for 30 more minutes.
- Mix the cornmeal with the warm water and stir it into the pot. Simmer for 15 more minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings.