One of our most sought-after recipes of all time…and now: the video!
1 hr 15 min
Note: Nutritional information above has been estimated. Results may vary. Information is provided for convenience and does not constitute professional nutritional advice.
Ingredients (12 Patties)
- 8 oz of Portobello Mushroom
- 8 oz of White button Mushroom
- 8 oz of Shitake Mushroom
- 8 oz Oyster Mushrooms
- 2 lbs of ground protein*
- 5 oz Olive oil
- 0.5 oz Turbinabo Cane Sugar
- 0.4 oz onion powder
- 0.3 oz garlic powder
- 0.5 oz of sea salt
- 0.2 oz black pepper
- 0.5 oz chili powder
- 0.2 oz rosemary
*Ground protein options
- 2 lbs of whatever ground protein you like: vegan seitan grounds can be used, ground turkey thigh or ground beef
- Wash and dice all mushrooms into about 1 cm cubes.
- Pulse mushroom cubes in blender until they are minced but not mushy.
- Heat 2 oz of olive oil in a large skillet. Cook mushrooms on both sides until they turn a “dark grey” color.
- Let mushroom mixture cool on a baking tray for 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Mix all the marinade seasons and add in the mushrooms and ground protein. Massage ingredients together for 5 minutes.
- Make 1 in. thick burgers and add to George Forman Grill.
- Cook burgers on grill for the 6 minutes.
- Add to toasted, whole wheat bun with tomato, baby kale, veganaise and a cheese or cheese substitute of your choice.